Mission and Vision
Our MISSION is to advance the Christian faith and the gospel of God’s grace through preaching, teaching and publishing reformed literature in Russian and French
The VISION is to place sound Christian books and sound Biblical teaching within reach of
as many people as we can across the world
Basis of Faith
The activities and business of the charity shall be carried on in a manner that is consistent with and so as to promote the following doctrinal beliefs and Church principles:
- The full inspiration of the Holy Scriptures; their authority and sufficiency as not only containing, but being in themselves, the Word of God; the reliability of the New Testament in its testimony to the character and authorship of the Old Testament; and the need of the teaching of the Holy Spirit to a true and spiritual understanding of the whole.
- The unity of the Godhead and the divine co-equality of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; the Sovereignty of God in Creation, Providence and Redemption.
- The total depravity of human nature in consequence to the fall and the necessity for regeneration.
- The true and proper Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His real and perfect manhood; the authority of His teaching; and the infallibility of all His utterances; His work of atonement for sinners of mankind and His vicarious suffering and death; His bodily resurrection and His ascension into Heaven; and His present priestly intercession for His people at the right hand of the Father.
- The justification of the sinner solely by faith, through the atoning merits of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, conversion, and sanctification; also in ministry and worship.
- The ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as being instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ, but not in Baptism as conveying regenerating grace, neither in the Lord’s Supper as being a sacrifice for sin, nor involving any change in the substance of the bread and wine.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in glory.
- The resurrection of the body; the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, with the eternal blessedness of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked.
The Basis of Faith is further strengthened to include those areas of belief that are common to the major reformed confessions and in particular the Westminster Confession of Faith, The Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689 and the Savoy Declaration.
John Rubens – John was the pastor of Newton Aycliffe Evangelical Church until recently. He has now retired and lives in Penzance, Cornwall. John is Secretary to the Directors for Evangelical Times.
Roger Fay – Roger has served as pastor of Zion Evangelical Baptist, Ripon, since 1985. He was for many years’ a trustee of Evangelical Press. He is the Editor of Evangelical Times and is also an Evangelical Times director.
Andrew Rowell – Andrew has served as pastor of Grace Evangelical Church, Carlisle, since 2004. Andrew is a Director and Editor of Evangelical Times.
Jon Stobbs – Jon is the pastor of Penzance Baptist Church. Jon is a Director of Evangelical Times
EP Missionary Trust is registered charity (CIO); the charity number is 1154646
EP Missionary Trust is entirely dependent on gifts of private people, churches, other trusts.
This ministry used to be part of EP Books (formerly Evangelical Press). The aim has always been to invest money from English publishing in work in other languages (publishing, conferences, training of pastors). This has resulted in work in Spanish; this work has already become independent some years ago.
The French work started in 1986 and the Russian work has seen its beginnings in 2003.
The work has become independent for practical reasons. This allows the board to pay more focussed attention to the development of the work.